ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can the court order alimony from my husband if his only income

Customer Question

can the court order alimony from my husband if his only income is from social security and military retirement? We have been married for sixteen years but living apart for the two and half years. I was not married to him during his service.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Yes, the court can order alimony and garnishment of this income, even if it's his only income. The garnishment probably would not be that high, consequently, but the court could still order garnishment of them. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?