Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I have been a strained from my son since 2000 after I got divorced

Customer Question

I have been a strained from my son since 2000 after I got divorced from his father. I found on line that he is married and there is a picture of 2 grandchildren and himself. I want to make a will but I found out that I need to know the first names of his children . Is there anyway to find this out . They are both minors. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania and New Jersey professional, and will do my best ot help out.
Unfortunately there is no legal way short of a subpoena to find their names. But perhaps you can reach out directly, and ask for their names based on this need (or reach out to your ex spouse to see if he knows their names). Another option may be to draft the will clause to state that you wish to leave whatever it is that you wish to leave to 'all issue of my son, [NAME], share and share alike'. That would leave whatever you are setting aside to his children in equal shares, so if he has more children, they would also share in the inheritance.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.