Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Okay I have a question about why cps has me down if when they

Customer Question

Okay I have a question about why cps has me down if when they took my douther she was removed from her baby daddy's mom not me I was in Dallas an I get a call that they took her .and she was 14 at the time then she got out at 18years old of age my kid movied with the grandma , now I'm questioning why the CP's still has me on the sestem I think this should have been closed years ago what can I do this is or they are messing up my life
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If CPS has you in their database and did not have charges against you, then you have a right to appeal to the director of CPS for removal. Legally, in Texas, only the director has the authority to remove you from the database. If they refuse to do so and you were never found substantiated for abuse, you can file a suit against CPS for improperly reporting your case, but you wold need a local attorney to represent you to get you removed.