Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am 19 and am currently a full time student with two jobs,

Customer Question

I am 19 and am currently a full time student with two jobs, my grandmother is raising three underage children two she had been raising for going on seven years, the youngest one going on three. If something was to happen to my grandmother would I be able to take in the three children or would the state of Kentucky take them from me?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
1) Are these children your children?
2) Does your grandmother have a court order to raise them? Or a guardianship order? If so, was this something that you volunteered, or, KY CPS forced upon you?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.