LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

What access to the assets of the father (ARRESTED

Customer Question

What access to the assets of the father (ARRESTED FOR CONTINUED CHILD MOLESTATION 8 YEARS) do the children and the divorced mother have.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Good Day! I'll do my best to assist you. Please remember: I only provide general information and a local attorney should always be consulted.
In California, a child support order remains in full force and effect until it is modified; the court can only modify a support order back to the date the party filed the request. This means that if a party goes to jail and does not modify the support order, the monthly amount will continue to accumulate.
The parent that is owed the support needs to file a lien on any property. This agency will actually help, for a nominal fee (typically $25) in the collection of child support. http://www.childsup.ca.gov/
The data bank they have also registers all bank accounts and other such financial information, and the agent you speak with will be able to access this information.
This explains all the different collection procedures available: https://hss.sbcounty.gov/dcss/how_childprocess/step7.aspx
---
Please let me know if you have other questions on the above; if not, kindly rate positively so the site credits me for assisting you. Thank you and take care.
As arrears accumulate
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have further questions please be sure and respond before rating. If you have no further questions, Kindly rate positively so that the site is permitted to credit my account for assisting you- there is no additional charge for a positive rating and it is most appreciated.

Without a positive rating, I receive no compensation for assisting you this evening.

Thank you and take Care!