Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In 2006, I contracted with Neptune Society of

Customer Question

In 2006, I contracted with Neptune Society for cremation of my husband and myself. My husband (of 48-years) died in a local hospital on 5/1/2015. As of today 6/8/2015 he has not yet been cremated. The funeral home blames personnel issues, doctors, and King County procedures. As you can imagine, this delay is very painful. They do not call me with any information, I must call them. Each time they delay the cremation, I experience his passing again.
Do I have any chance of asking for my $4000 back (after I have received his ashes)? $4,000 was the cost of both cremation packages.
Thank you for your time.
Beverley Hermann
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
My condolences for your loss.
Does the contract have any provision for termination?
Wad their a time frame in the contract?
Thank you.