Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband father died one year ago and he have three siblings,

Customer Question

My husband father died one year ago and he have three siblings, we have been paying all the house bills, their was no will. But if we stop paying the bills the house will go down. At this time we do not have several thousands of dollars to hire an lawyer. Do we have any other options, because he is willing to share with all the siblings to resolve and move on with our lives.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
So your husband wants to share what exactly with his siblings? The value of the home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOME AND 3 CARS, OLD CARS
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. And so if you and your husband want to keep the home, you will need to get an appraisal and then formulate an offer to buy the others out and you can deduct the expenses that you and your husband have already paid over the years from whatever share the siblings are entitled to. You can then consult with a Real Estate Title company who can assist in putting the property in your names once they have been paid. Now, this may mean that you will have to take out a loan on the home to pay them their share or sell the home and have shares divided based on any profit made after the deductions you have made toward the expenses of the house.You also can consult with a local estate's attorney who can assist and their fee can be taken from any share of the siblings and yourselves.