Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

In the temporary orders the judge state that I need to continue

Customer Question

In the temporary orders the judge state that I need to continue my therapy and treatment plan. Due to work related situation I missed a 3 appointment and was removed from my therapy program? I'm still going seek a new therapist and start a new program. Does the put me in contempt of court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If the therapy and treatment plan is specified as to who and when, yes it is contempt.
But if it is not and you had to stop because of work, as long as you become enrolled again someplace more conductive to your schedule it is not contempt.
I suggest you get enrolled and begin the court ordered treatment as soon as possible