Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

My husband and I are being investigated due to false allegations

Customer Question

My husband and I are being investigated due to false allegations his mother made about us. The caseworker has a reputation for being mean and rude. I have contacted his supervisor who feels it is only necessary to contact me when he is leaving the office. The investigation is to be done Monday June 8th and I know he has told one of the boys therapists that he did not find anything. What are we to do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, did the supervisor agree with your complaints? Or are you concerned that there may be more blow-back? Please advise!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not even had a chane to talk to him. When he calls back he leaves msgs telling me to call some other time.
Thank you for your follow-up.
The reason I ask is exactly what are you seeking to accomplish? has that person been rude to you yet, or is this purely by hearsay and third party information? Are you expecting some sort of retaliation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the caseworker has been very rude.
It is your right to make a complaint but perhaps it would be prudent to wait until this person's review is received. My concern is if you file a complaint too early, this person may intentionally attempt to retaliate and harm your case, but waiting after the investigation is over may instead create a basis for a complaint but it would also not hopefully affect the results.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.