Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Texas i need a simple spousal waiver in a real property i am

Customer Question

texas i need a simple spousal waiver in a real property i am in the process of divorce but not finanlized yet i'm buying a house next week and need a my husband to sign a waiver for the interet in this property please send me a link to a sample spousal
waiver
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here is the affidavit you need where the spouse waives hi homestead rights pursuant to Texas law.This should allow you to close here.Once signed it needs to go to the title company as part of closing documents they will file.
You can preview it for free here and make use of it.
http://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-02116BG.htm
The title company may have their own form here so call and ask if they do and use theirs if necessary.
This should take care of it.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi the house i am buying is not a homestead, it is a separate property; but i am still legally married and in the process of divorce; i need my husband to waive marital rights regarding this property
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out here and leave this for another Texas lawyer.I am unable to locate the form you need.Please do not rate or respond the question.It will be picked up by others, you have not been charged.,thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest that if you have a marital separation agreement it should already have a provision. But if not, you can use this language in a letter for wavier to any future purchasesEach party has independently determined to his or her satisfaction the extent of property owned by the parties jointly and individually. Each is satisfied that this agreement divides all property and assets that should be divided between the parties. Notwithstanding contrary provisions of law, any property, asset, or expectancy, be it real or personal, tangible or intangible, vested or contingent, that was not addressed in any prior agreement is the separate property of the party who now owns or possesses it. Henceforth, both parties shall have, own and enjoy, independently of any claim or right of the other, all personal property, including insurance policies and choses in action, which are now owned or held by or which may hereafter be acquired by either party, with full power to dispose of the same as fully and effectually, in all respects and for all purposes, as if he or she were unmarried.Both parties should sign that in front of a Notary and it will cover both of them with any future purchases they make