Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My kid is 17 years old and run away. he is been aided

Customer Question

Hello my kid is 17 years old and run away. he is been aided by 2 families. They are supporting him and he has found a job where it did require for the parents permission. someone has forge our signature. what options do we have against this 2 families
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you filed a complaint with the police about them contributing to the delinquency of a minor and interfering with parental custody and the forgery? That is the first step. If the police will not act because he is 17, then your only remaining recourse is suing the two families for interfering with your parental rights and seek a court order for the child to be returned and for the emotional distress and damages they have caused to your family.
At this point those are really your only legal recourses remaining if you cannot talk him into returning home on his own.