Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

1) My child is in the IEP with his Delaware County School District.

Customer Question

1) My child is in the IEP with his Delaware County School District. The school has told me that he does not do the work, not is he going to school. With this scenario, is there anything I can do to stop paying child support - my child turns 18 in August of this year.
2) Does it make a difference if the mother of my child has a Bench Warrant issued for her?
3) Can someone from Domestic Relations get info from my child's school regarding my child's scholastic progress?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response 1: No.
Response 2: No, it does not. A parent's conduct cannot be linked to Child Support.
Response 3: No. However, if you file Motion with the Court to stop paying child Support after the age of 18 because the Child is not going to school, then you can submit documents from the school to back up your request.