Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can a judge in tn tell you to go back to work if the doctor

Customer Question

can a judge in tn tell you to go back to work if the doctor will not release you? Can a judge ask the plaintiff what they want the judge to do to the defendant and do what the plaintiff wants done (throw the defendant in jail). Can a parent change the kids last name at school and the other parent still have to pay child support if the kid no longer uses the parents last name? is there any court cases we can look up to verify the laws in tn?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
can a judge in tn tell you to go back to work if the doctor will not release you?
Response 1:A judge cannot order you back to work if your doctor has not certified that you are ready to go back to work.
Can a judge ask the plaintiff what they want the judge to do to the defendant and do what the plaintiff wants done (throw the defendant in jail).
Response 2: Yes and it depends on the circumstances.
Can a parent change the kids last name at school and the other parent still have to pay child support if the kid no longer uses the parents last name?
Response 3: Yes. Changing of a child's name has no bearing on child support. A child cannot be punished for an action of a parent. Child support is for the benefit of the child and not for the parent. A parent's action cannot be linked to child support.
is there any court cases we can look up to verify the laws in tn?
Response 4: I cannot cite Court cases for you within the confines of this forum. Citing of cases is more complex than it may seem to a layperson. It involves accessing premium databases and verification that the cases are still good law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I understand you correctly. The non custodial parent has no rights they are just a donor with a pay check to the custodial parent. What I mean to say is the custodial parent can change the name of a child brain wash the child into hating the non custodial parent and it is legal. The plaintiff can make the decision on a court case and the judge is only there to write the plaintiffs decision and not use his own brain or past cases for justification? Not sure if this is the case why the plaintiff would not just go to a court room window and ask for their decision to be put into court record? It just does not seem to be justified or legal. I am not totally uneducated on the matter and I understand court room decisions are generally made upon previous court room cases. Example Roe v/s Wade. This is not that extreme but I would like to have direction on what cases that these issues have appeared in. I can have a local attorney review if the case is still valid. Please provide details on the circumstances of #2.