Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Court ordered visitation two granddaughters, 15 and

Customer Question

Court ordered visitation for my two granddaughters, 15 and 17, to leave CO and go to ND where he lives (he left CO 3-4 yrs ago) for 6 weeks each summer which they've reluctantly done the past 3 summers. They were absolutely miserable on many levels. Now it's time for them to go again to Bismarck, ND, a town where they know no one, they are scared, confused and don't want to go. They are now telling me that they plan to run away before their departure from Denver, CO on 06/11. Mother has full custody, he has holidays, every other month(?) and 6 weeks summer vacation. He is a convicted felon for stalking and hiring two men to "hurt" my daughter, has served jail time for numerous infractions of the law. The girls will go for 1-2 weeks but are fighting about 6 wks. They both are in the process of getting summer jobs which looks very promising in the Broomfield area for them. Any suggestions---we - they need help. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. What has the father said about this? Has he spoken with the mother? Will he agree at all to less time or is he demanding the 6 weeks?
Hi, I just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to respond? I look forward to assisting you.