Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am in the finalization of a divorce proceeding in ca with

Customer Question

I am in the finalization of a divorce proceeding in ca with children support and visitation has been established we just need to fill out the judgment sign the documents and turn them in. My ex want me to sign the judgment and she attend a divorce workshop while I'm not present. I will be deployed in a month. I don't feel comfortable signing documents she may possible change while I not present in ending my divorce. Can I file a bifurcation so I can remarry before I leave on deployment and it be granted so I can remarry.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Yes, you can file request to bifurcate the case. However, there is no guarantee that the Court would rule on your request before your deployment or that the Court would grant your request. Click on the link below for more information on the process, forms, instructions: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1238.htm