AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
66829710

I'm the respondent on the other end of a FL-165. My wife filed

Customer Question

I'm the respondent on the other end of a FL-165. My wife filed on January 16. Does this mean I have until June 16 to contest/respond?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.
You received a FL-165? If so, then your default has already been taken and you will need to file a motion to set it aside. You had 30 days from the date of service to respond
If you have further questions please ask
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received a copy of the FL-165 but did not respond within the 30 day period. I'm wondering if I have any recourse before June 16th. For example, can I get my docs in and contest the default?
You will have to explain why you failed to answer within thirty (30) days of service of the Petition and the Summons. You need to file a motion to set aside the default. If you act quickly yes you can do this, but it is a not a guarantee