Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My friend and her children moved in with me almost two years ago. Ther

Customer Question

My friend and her children moved in with me almost two years ago. There has never been any set amount that she gives me per month, and there is no rental agreement. She has been acting erratically for some time, but has recently become involved with children services bureau and ended up checking herself into an emergency clinic. She is also on record with the police for trying to kill herself in front of her children and me. I told her last night that I was giving her a 30 day notice and she responded by trying to cause issues with my family (she told me that my husband had tried to get her to have an affair with him 7 months ago). I responded by telling her to get out of my house. This woman has admitted to having a "kill list" and has been acting crazily otherwise. She is currently dealing with Children Services because she hits her children and mentally abuses them. She has admitted to hurting people and I have been told her ex that she has also abused him previously. I fear that sh
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry this is happening to you
You seem to have been cut off.
Please tell me what information I can provide for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry about that. The whole thing should have read:My friend and her children moved in with me almost two years ago. There has never been any set amount that she gives me per month, and there is no rental agreement. She has been acting erratically for some time, but has recently become involved with children services bureau and ended up checking herself into an emergency clinic. She is also on record with the police for trying to kill herself in front of her children and me. I told her last night that I was giving her a 30 day notice and she responded by trying to cause issues with my family (she told me that my husband had tried to get her to have an affair with him 7 months ago). I responded by telling her to get out of my house. This woman has admitted to having a "kill list" and has been acting crazily otherwise. She is currently dealing with Children Services because she hits her children and mentally abuses them. She has admitted to hurting people and I have been told her ex that she has also abused him previously. I fear that she might try to hurt myself or my two young children, or try to take them. What are my options in this situation as I do not want her back in my home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, my husband is away much of the week so I especially fear her being here while I am sleeping as I am not quite sure that she isn't crazy enough to attempt to do something to my children or myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After she left at approximately 1 am, I bought new locks and changed all of the locks on my doors so that she is unable to access my home...though I am more than willing to set up times for her to come in and get her belongings.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I suggest that you can seek a restraining order. And that you can file for that at the local District Court/Magistrates office.
I suggest when you file for the Order, you request it to be issued now on an emergency basis and to get that accomplished, I suggest
You need to show immediate and present danger
For example an emergency ex parte Restraining order will be issued where you have recently been threatened or physically abused by the household member,
Therefore, I suggest, you must tell the judge that you presently fear and believe that harm is just around the corner if this person is not stopped.
In addition to describing any recent acts or threats of violence and testifying as to your fears of imminent physical violence, you can also tell the judge about past acts and any of her behaviors in order to convince the judge that it is likely that the abuser will commit additional acts of violence in the future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will they issue this if she hasn't actually threatened me with bodily harm?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
They can. As long as you show a pattern of possible violent behavior and state that you are fearful for the safety and lives of you and your family. You need to hammer on the buzz words - Fearful, afraid because of her past behaviors which include and then list them and then any incidents were her words lead you to believe you should be in fear of danger from her behavior
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You're welcome. And best of luck with everything. If she comes to your house, I suggest you call the police and tell them you have a trespasser.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask and in that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you