TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My daughter will be 18 July 29, 2015. She just graduated in

Customer Question

My daughter will be 18 July 29, 2015. She just graduated in the state of Florida. She lives with her father. She is ready to come to Texas because He is not a nice person. I got custody of my 19 and 18 year old because he was abusive to them and they got
a five year injuction against him. We have been in and out of court for years and between two states. So can she leave now?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.
Despite the fact that she just graduated from high school, and despite the fact that the father was abusive to your 19 and 18 year old, I'm sorry to say that your daughter will still have to wait until she is 18 before she can leave her father's house and visit Texas without his permission.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.