TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have been in a live in relationship years and it

Customer Question

I have been in a live in relationship for ten years and it has come to an end, but in that time I lived in this relationship I felt like I was a hired hand, but not getting paid for it along with a lot of other things I did on the farm for those years including taken care of his allying father, cutting grass, painting the house inside and out and never even got a thank you for any of it.When I moved out I left there was less than when I moved in with and now I am considering palimony, but I am not sure how that works.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.
In order to be entitled to palimony, you'd have to prove that you both had an agreement whereby he would support you in exchange for you doing the work that you described. In other words, a palimony lawsuit is really a breach of contract lawsuit.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.