TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have good reason to believe my ex wife has made a

Customer Question

Hello, I have good reason to believe my ex wife has made a false statement to the authorities about me, its affected my well being, financial situation, and reputation. My ex wife is out to destroyy life obviously, where do i start to find out the truth
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.
You can sue your ex-wife for defamation of character. To win a lawsuit for defamation of character, you must prove that your ex-wife made untrue statements about you to third parties, and that your reputation was damaged as a result. Based on what you said here, it sounds like you have that evidence.
After filing the lawsuit you can subpoena any relevant information regarding the false claims from the third parties who were told the false information in order to bolster your claim and provide further evidence.
If she told the police something false about you, then you may also be able to sue for abuse of process and false prosecution, depending upon what has happened to you as a result of the false claims.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.