Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband I have been together 6 years,living together

Customer Question

My husband I have been together for almost 6 years,living together for 5, and married barely 1 year, and I just found out he has been cheating. He also has a serious history of verbal abuse. I've asked him to leave the house and he has and I've asked him to not return and have asked him to not take any items from the house except those that are expressly his (clothing, jewelry, etc). How can I legally mandate this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response:You need to file complaint for divorce and along with your divorce complaint file Motion banning your husband from returning to the marital home--file Motion and request that the Court ban your husband from the marital home. At this time, your husband can return to the home whenever he wants because there is no Court Order in place restricting his access to the premises.