Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

What are my daughters rights if a person has spread untrue

Customer Question

What are my daughters rights if a person has spread untrue rumors about her. This has upset her immensely.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Have you alerted the school authorities about the bullying?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not alerted school administration dept. yet. Good place to start but if I need to know after informing administrators , if they do want to address this bullying I need that bully to make a statement and distribute to all students a flier which she admits the false information is not true
And she is sorry to have caused so much harm. Can I inform the grandfather she lives with what she has done. We only has 2 days left and I want it rectified ASAP or she will continue to do this bullying and will think she can get away with it. Can we file a report? Thank you
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You can file a police report. You also may find it helpful to get the school involved since schools have been taking cyber bullying very seriously in the past year. Once the school is made aware they could have civil liability if they fail to take action.
There is nothing illegal about making the grandfather aware of the situation.
Best regards.