How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There was a child support order, in the state of Massachusetts

Customer Question

There was a child support order, in the state of Massachusetts back in the 1980's that was not fulfilled. The person is now on disability from the same state. Can the arrearages be collected after 35 years?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest that it is still enforceable if there was an Order issued. However, you can get the other parent to agree to waive the arrears and then petition the court to have it terminated permanently.
Tell me is there a collection effort at this time?