Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My ex wife and mother of our 3 children is over $15,000 in

Customer Question

My ex wife and mother of our 3 children is over $15,000 in arrears of court ordered child support payments. She was supposed to be filing for disability and if approved she was to pay the back child support from any money's received from SSDI. This was almost 2 years ago. My question is would I receive notification from SSA that she is receiving benefits since I have sole legal custody of our 3 minor children. My ex is now living somewhere in Yuma Az and refuse to provide a current address or answer any questions. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Generally, if there is a back owed child support and the parent who owes such delinquent child support receives a SSDI payment, the delinquent child support would be automatically deducted from the SSDI payment by the state child support enforcement unit.

I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.