Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Can I deny my sons mother vistation if she is hanging around

Customer Question

can I deny my sons mother vistation if she is hanging around a known child molester
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
You don't have the legal authority to deny the mother her right to visitation, but you can ask the court to do this OR to order that she must stay away from the child molester when she has visitation.
You can file a motion with the court to modify the current visitation order to address her relationship with this person and ask the court to prohibit or restrict her contact when she has the child for visitation. The court should take action to make sure the child is protected from the potential threat.