Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a daughter who is 8 years old. I have been in her life

Customer Question

I have a daughter who is 8 years old. I have been in her life since the day she was born. Her mother and I lived together for the first 3 yrs in Florida. When we split she moved back to MA. I moved as well to be able to still be a father. I have always worked and her mother has never had a job. I finally got a car and now I have been summoned for a child support order and back owed Support since the day she was born. Her mother has reported to welfare and food stamps that the father was unknown. She also has another person in her household that provides income and is not reported that either. She had this other person living in the house claim my child for tax money. I need to know do I have a case against the fraudulent activity her mother has been doing? Her mother put my child in a homeless sheltor for a year just so she can get free benefits.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You can report her for welfare fraud to the States of Massachusetts and Florida. Click on the links below to file your report:
http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/dta/reporting-fraud.html
https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/pbi/fraud/
As for the Summons, you need to respond to it and tell the Court why retroactive child support is not applicable in this case: you and the mother lived together in Florida and you provided for the family; that you even moved with them to Massachusetts to continue to support them. For more information, click here:
http://www.mass.gov/courts/selfhelp/family/child-support.html