Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

MY baby mom took off with our baby and is hiding my son from

Customer Question

MY baby mom took off with our baby and is hiding my son from me I have court paper work to serve on her and she was living at her mother home. if I cant serve her can I have the court paper work serve on her mother because the mother knows were she is.
This is Oregon in Washington county. What can I do? are how do I get to see my son?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
No. You cannot serve the Mother. It has to be to the other party directly.
I suggest, if your process server brings back the return as avoiding service or unable to serve/locate that you can file an Affidavit with the court and request permission to be able to serve by publican. That means it would allow you to place a Legal Notice in the local newspaper and that will be legal service.
And then you can request a hearing and if the other party does not appear the court could rule in your favor.