How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38552
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently pay 813.00 children in va, one has reach 18

Customer Question

currently pay 813.00 for 2 children in va, one has reach 18 and graduated high school. I also provide full medical due to being active duty. gross income is 6500.00 a month. what would support be for one child. was not making this amount when court was completed in 2000. please help. I do not want to go back to court to just end up paying more.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the amount of mandatory deductions from your $6,500 pay (e.g., taxes, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks. Not including any add-ons (health care or child care), if ordered by the court, and not considering any other tax deductions which may be relevant, your obligation for one child would be: $736.00 per month. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using!

Related Family Law Questions