Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Our 18 year old son has a trust fund and I am trustee. The

Customer Question

Our 18 year old son has a trust fund and I am trustee. The trust fund stipulates that distributions can be made for health, education, maintenance and support as long as the expense is not considered a parental obligation.
Our son has been struggling with mental health issues and is moving to an adult transition program. I believe that the expense for this program can be covered by the HEMS clause. Is this correct?
Should I be aware of anything else?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
What is the purpose of the program... to enable him to be able to function on his own eventually?
.
.
thanks