P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I live in va I have straining order from,a,guy who was sleeping

Customer Question

I live in va I have straining order from,a,guy who was sleeping with my wife they did not live together all I said was am going to whip your @$$. Wife move out and her new boy friend want money so now they saying they will call the law because I have a gun in the house I never had to surrender my guns plus it was not domestic and the papers never said anything about guns so do I need to get rid of them
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
If you were never convicted of a crime, nor ever ordered by the court to remove your firearms from the home, you have no worries.
Unless you're convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, or ordered by the court to not possess a firearm, you have the right to possess a firearm.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.