Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a dip in income post final divorce agreement. Judge said

Customer Question

I had a dip in income post final divorce agreement. Judge said fine reduced SS and CS a little, and put in affect a Smith Ostler type plan. (Although it was never called that) Going forward I had to show all my pay stubs and pay 27% SS and 14% CS, off GROSS, if my income went back up. It did. Under this plan, I recieve almost nothing with tax brackets I'm in. Also many union and health insurance deductions on check. Judge just pulled this 27% and 14% out of the air. How can I change those numbers?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Go back to the Court and ask the Court to take a second look at the numbers and tell the Court the reason for asking for this review. The request would be in the form of a Motion.