Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have an order of protection against my husband. I moved out of the home and now live in

Customer Question

I have an order of protection against my husband. I moved out of the home and now live in the shelter. He is taking me to small claims court for property that he says that belongs to him. How do I go about that ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
It is his burden to prove that the items belong to him.....so he'll have to provide proof/evidence that the things belong to him. If he can, then it is certainly possible for the judge to order you to release the items......but, if he cannot prove the items are yours, and if you don't admit it, then it's not likely that he'll prevail.