FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I have a question my spouse has been accused of touching my daughter inappropriately. He i

Customer Question

I have a question my spouse has been accused of touching my daughter inappropriately. He is very upset. I know the incident that they are referring to and it's nothing like what they are referring to. It made my daughter uncomfortable but she shouldn't have been at the road with her bathing suit on.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. Would you mind sharing with me what your question is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter told someone that it made her uncomfortable when my significant other had pulled her skirt down to her bathing suit because she was beside the road and some men kept driving by I was present and now dfacs is involved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter has been know to lie alot talking to men on the Internet and it's all a big mess.
If you were present when this happened, then you likely want to share your account of the events in question. It certainly needs to be known exactly what the person she told this to, told DFACS, so this can be addressed and defended. If he never touched her and he was changing her or something of that nature, then it could be understood what was going on. Moreover, if she had a bathing suit on under her skirt, I am unclear what the issue is. Unless he touched her inappropriately, I am not sure the basis for the investigation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is 13 and the bathing suit bottom has a skirt to it and he pulled it over to cover to butt. She is very rebellious she was sitting there showing her cheeks of her butt and grown men were driving by looking at her they would turn around and come back by
Who did she make these claims to, that reported your husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea they won't tell me and she wont
You have ever legal right to retain legal counsel and have them represent with when you meet with them, along with if any charges are filed. You can cooperate and provide a statement as to your version of the events, as well as his and they will determine if this is something created by the child or something that happened. At 13 years old, a female should not be changed or exposed on the site of the road or any place in public.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She wasn't changed we was in our yard. Her skirt had came up and was showing the bikini bottoms but my daughter is a little on the hefty side and it was riding up and he pulled the skirt over the bikini bottom and told her to go put on some clothes because of the perverts driving by
There does not appear to be anything wrong with that and if that is all that happened and you can give a statement to the same, they may find there is no basis to proceed with an investigation. What he did does not appear to be a harmful, offensive or inappropriate touching if he tried to cover her up and correct the problem, so at this point, they are going to compare the statements you gave to what she claims happened and what she told the person who reported this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter has a tendency that if she doesn't get her way she does stupid things that causes alot of problems
This is something which you can share. If she acts out and says and does things like this, you need to advise them of the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her Facebook had stated that I had told her to shut up and go to bed or she wouldn't wake up the next morning. But then when comforted with it she wouldn't explain it and she wasn't even at my house at the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did but they are doing a forensic investigation and are requesting counseling
Counseling for your husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They told me I can't take my kids anywhere for 30 to 45 days until the case is closed so they are at my parents
I understand. She needs to comply and go to counseling then and you can contact them to see the status of the investigation as well to see if they need your cooperation or a statement to close the matter quickly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do I need to do?
You need to contact them tomorrow and ask if you can provide a statement for them to consider since you were present at the time and see what they say. At this point, unless you are going to get an attorney involved you need to either sit and wait until the time expired and you can get the kids back or try and speed up the investigation by cooperating