Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

How much should it cost me to acquire grandparent visitation

Customer Question

How much should it cost me to acquire grandparent visitation rights when my ex daughter-in-law hates me here in Salt Lake County?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest a local attorney could require a retainer of $2500 to $3500. Remember, this would be a contested matter, which means the time involved would mean the retainer is higher - and then possibly more if it needs to go to court.
I suggest, however, that you can get the packet of forms from the clerk of the court in the county where the child lives and file on your own, pro se if you think you can articulate your case to the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That gives me a good idea of cost.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You also could try to file on your own, if you are inclined. And here is a Link to the Utah law in that regard, if you need it
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only answer and provide information on what you ask. If you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you