Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My wife gave me a disease after we married what are my opptions did not tell me yrs

Customer Question

My wife gave me a disease after we married what are my opptions did not tell me for 14 yrs.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Are you asking about legal options? Are you planning to file for divorce? Or did you mean to direct this to a relationship expert?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes to both ?' I paid for answers not more ?'s
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Consent to engage in sexual activity is NOT consent to contract an STD. A person who is aware that they have an STD has an obligation to disclose that information to potential partners before they proceed. That means that there could be a a cause of action for battery against her.
The statute of limitations is two years from the date she gave you the disease or one year after you found out about it. If you engaged in sexual activity after finding out about it, then that could negate any cause of action against her for the lies.
A local litigation attorney may be able to help you with both a lawsuit for your injuries and filing for divorce.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankes
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Good luck.