Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am being blackmailed. I am married and contacted a person

Customer Question

I am being blackmailed. I am married and contacted a person who said she was married as well. We sent a few emails and then exchanged phone numbers. We never spoke but just texted back and forth a little bit. Now he/she had found my name, my wifes name and daughters name and is threatening to expose me unless I give then $2,000
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) What state are you in?
2) What state are they in, or, are they in another country? Or, not sure?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.