Five weeks ago I informed my wife that I wanted a divorce
. Four weeks later, I packed up only my good clothes and left for 4 days, (I told her I planed to move to Atlanta and was might be moving there). I did travel to Atlanta but realizing my mistake and how much I loved her I came back after four days.
There has never been any abuse or habitual drug problems, ( I have been in AA for 9 years and have not drank since entering the program.) We have been married for 11)
We have agreed to attempt to work things out but she does not want me living in the house -- the property was purchased after our marriage
but is in her name.
I agreed to stay out until she is ready to reconcile and she agreed to keep my company tools in the house's garage and use it as a staging area. That could change any minute
My question is multiple faceted:
1. Can she kick me out of the house?
2. She wants all of my belongings out of the house, but I have no where to put them. Can she move my things out? She does not want to store them in the basement because she does not want to see me and stated the boxes are too heavy for her to lift. ---- she already packed things up
3. Since she packed things up, I have no clue if everything is there, - what are my rights?
3. Can she change the locks on the doors? Change code on the garage door opener?
4. Do I have legal right to gain entry to the house?
5. I run a business out of the house, do I have a legal right to continue there?
6. What happens if I change my address? Does that have any bearings on my rights?
I do not want to jeopardize our "recovery" but also do not want to put myself in harms way legally or with alcohol recovery.