How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in michigan. I stupidly asked my fiance's ex to live

Customer Question

I live in michigan. I stupidly asked my fiance's ex to live with us so i could care for the kids and help her get on her feet. She took out a false ppo in spite saying he threatened to kill and rape her and that he was stalking her. None of this is true. Now she wont let him see his children. The ppo was signed but never served. Is the ppo still legal? Would the ppo include the children? And i've heard since there is no legal custody agreement we would be able to take her with no obligation to give her back. Is this true? I would like to avoid kidnapping charges for the both of us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her being his daughter. I apologize for the miscommunication.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me
1 - You say the PPO has not been served? Correct? How do you know it has been requested?
2 - Is your fiance' on the birth certificate of the children?