Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

What can I do to prosecute a man that is married to 3 women

Customer Question

What can I do to prosecute a man that is married to 3 women in Texas before divorcing any before remarrying?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there - -

-

I apologize for the delay in answering your question but there are only a few attorneys on line at this hour of the morning so it can take a little time to review your question and answer it.

-

You cannot prosecute any cases because this is a criminal charge and must be handled by the police and the criminal courts. I suggest that you contact your local police department detective division and you will have to show them some proof of at least one instance of bigamy on this person before they will take any actions. If the local police fail to act then you should contact the investigation division of your state police department (you can find them online). The authorities may give this person time to get some divorces in place before arresting him -- but if they are aware of his crimes and he does not take care of these matters on his own, they will most likely then move forward and prosecute the man for several counts of bigamy (being married more than once to different women at the same time).

-

- Please let me know if you have follow up questions or would like clarification on any point raised above. If not, can you please press a positive rating underneath this ANSWER box so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating below (we do not receive paychecks and are paid only when customer presses a positive rating in the ratings section of each question asked and answered). Pressing a positive rating will not close your question (it remains open for several weeks for additional clarifications if need be) and it will not cost you any additional money to press a positive rating -- it is simply the signal trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time tonight. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR USING JUST ANSWER - MARY -

Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Marie -
-
Do you have any additional questions for me on this issue ? If not, can you please press a positive rating below so that I will be paid for my time? I am truly paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating on this webpage before leaving website (we do not receive paychecks and we are paid for helping you only if you press a positive rating). Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time for helping you today. If you have follow up questions a few weeks down the line your question will remain open and I am happy to assist even after you press a positive rating. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
-
MARY
-
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there Marie --
-
Can I answer any additional questions for you? If not, can you please press a positive rating under an ANSWER box above so I will receive credit for my time assisting you if you have not done so already? I really do appreciate it and thank you for using Just Answer !
-
MARY
-