Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

When you go to a pre hearing, and they devulge all the evidence,

Customer Question

when you go to a pre hearing, and they devulge all the evidence, is there any chance they will dismiss the case before a hearing
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): New York
What have you tried so far?: I asked for a review, but was not given any information that they were reviewing. I found that the CPS worker manipulated the the charges.She was told that my son was no allowed at my home under the use of substnace and that I called the police when he showed up at the door unanounced. I did not let him in. There had been one instance where he had been violent, and I set strong safeguards before I let him come near the house.I did this with the help of his sponsosr. I no longer allowed my son to come to the home if I did not feel comfortable with his attitude. I did call the police when he came by the house and knocked on the window. I wouldn't let him in due to earlier conversations when he sounded aggressive. He retaliated by calling cps,and they are filing charages saying I allowed him in the house drunk and under the influence, and his violent temper and aggressive behavior caused trauma to my young grandson, who was asleep in the basement during both incident, only one happened in the house. The other was more harassment he disconnected my garage door, and left a light on in mu car

Response: The short answer to your question is no. However, either party can file Motion to Dismiss.