Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My brother and his wife do not let my parents talk with me

Customer Question

My brother and his wife do not let my parents talk with me or keep any relations with me. I am side out from the family as they ruining my social status by rubbish talks. I am social worker and have excellent credit since last 20 years, mother of two boys
18 and 20 when the boys were 4 and 2 years old their father was died. After then my family started all these with me, my brother's and sister's intention to get my parents all property and money. My father worked for his pharmacy store for long time more than
15 years and parents living with him in Tampa FL. They also gets social security because of their age. My mom still a cook for him and his wife. I want justice and ask my father and mother that what have I done that they all hate me like this. They do not
speak with my son also. why? I had gifted them TV, Microwave,Food Processor,Dish channel and all other items they returned these all to my mom's sister stating that they do not want my gifts and my presence. I really truly have not done anything. Would d I
have any justice? When my sister took divorce in NY I paid her attorney $2000, paid for her abortion, kept her for 1.5 year in my home for free(with food and transportation). My brother's wife stayed in my home for six months for free and I gave her $2000
when she needed. I paid my mom and dad's airfare few times for international travel. I need justice.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, no Court can force your family members to have relationship with you and your son. The Court cannot force your family members not to hate or dislike you. They are entitled to their feelings. However, if they are "...ruining my social status by rubbish talks," then you may have a claim against them for defamation of your character. However, in order to prevail in a defamation suit, you must be able to prove all of the elements of defamation. Generally, you must be able to prove (1) that a defamatory statement was made against you; (2) that there was a unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (spreading of rumors, making false accusation); (3) if the defamatory statement is a matter of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher—this may not apply to you if you are not a public figure; (4) then finally you have to prove that you suffered damages as a result of the defamation.
You would need to consult with a Civil Rights Attorney in your area to assist you in putting your claim together as these cases can be very difficult to win. Interview at least three Attorneys and/or review their web sites to see which one will be a better match for you. You want to look for someone who is not too busy to handle your case; someone who will return your phone calls in a timely manner, and someone who will give you prompt updates on your case
Click here to find local Civil Rights Attorneys in your area:
http://www.lawyers.com
http://www.justia.com