Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was married since 1989 we divorced in 2010 My ex makes $200,000.00

Customer Question

I was married since 1989 we divorced in 2010 My ex makes $200,000.00 if not more a year he pays me $800.00 a month which is ending in November. At the beginning of our divorce I felt my attorney was for me in fact she wanted to get more from him, but something changed and she began to not fight for me instead she suggested this low amount and time frame and everything I brought up she ignored, at the time I took her suggestions not realizing that I may be getting screwed out of this deal (excuse my lango but thats the only way to put it) I worked and raised our daughter thruout the marriage then stayed home for our daughter I then worked off and on and then took care of my grandmother for 3 years till she passed I do not work now I have some health problems. My question is before my alimony ends can I reopen my case in order to receive alimony longer and a higher amount. I struggle everyday my ex just bought a new corvette I think I deserve to live a better life.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, you can file for Modification of the Alimony/Spousal Support. However, you must show that there has a material change in circumstances since the Alimony Order. Click on link below for more information:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/1038.htm