Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My dad has dementia and my older sister is in charge of

Customer Question

Hi My dad has dementia and my older sister is in charge of finances. I have had my doubts on her choices but recently I feel she has crossed the line on decisions she has made and she isn't sharing some of the going ons. I am a little scared of her but I can't ignore this any longer. I want her to include my brother and I. My dad has numerous rentals and savings. I know she is not charging market price for a home her friend rents, I tried to discuss it with her but she said no, not raising the rent I make the decisions. Her daughter was brought in to be a caregiver mon-fri 8am-5pm getting paid cash, did not claim the money so my dad did not write it off and my sister evicted a tenant to have her and her boyfriend move in, She wouldn't have them fill out a rental agreement that I gave her, she said absolutely not, she is his granddaughter, I have no idea what they pay? What should i do? I wold like my brother and I who are second and third executors in the will to know my dad worth, and where moneys are going? Suggestions on what to do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Does sister have a power of attorney or has she been legally appointed as father's guardian by a judge?
.
.
thanks