Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

My husband summons and complaint divorce they said I

Customer Question

my husband summons and complaint for a divorce they said I have to respond in 21 days or judgment will be against me I'm what is it that I have to do? do I write a letter to their lawyer and say I acknowledge it or to the court house I cant afford a lawyer so I will have to do it myself I live in Michigan I got the summon on April 28, 2015 can you please help me
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Do you disagree with what your husband is asking for in the divorce complaint?
.
For example, is he asking for some type of property settlement that you feel is unreasonable?
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree with all
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then there is really no reason for you to file a formal Answer to the Complaint. If you aren't objecting to what he is asking for, then there is not really any reason to file an Answer. You can just let him get a default judgment, which will speed up the process and be cheaper on everyone.
.
.
thanks