Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

If a person is married and gets a marriage license and marries

Customer Question

If a person is married and gets a marriage license and marries another person and then gets a devoice from the first marriage can the person now go get another marriage license to again marry the second person that he/she married without vacating the second marriage license?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
The second marriage is void, and the license issued would not be valid. However, after getting divorced from the first marriage, the person can go get a new marriage license and then marry the second spouse again in a legal ceremony.
If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply without rating so I may address them. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.