Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Does a parent whose child has been taken away and placed into

Customer Question

Does a parent whose child has been taken away and placed into protective custody by CD have the right to another opinion by the expert of her own choice?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. When you write "CD", are you referencing to the Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services?
2. When you ask about a second opinion, are you asking in regard to litigation in a court over custody or are you wondering whether a second opinion is all that is needed to have your child returned? I'm unclear what your expectation is.
Doug