FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My ex husband ignores the visitation rules in our divorce and

Customer Question

My ex husband ignores the visitation rules in our divorce and constantly harnesses me via text with abusive language and threats to take me to court over visitation, yet turns down my attempts to offer visitation, or ignores it altogether, then does it all over again in a few monrhs
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The divorce decree is going to control and both parties need to comply with it and the terms and conditions stated within, regarding visitation. If a party fails to comply, then they could be taken back to court and held in contempt, having to go before the Judge to explain their actions and why they are failing to comply. Moreover, your Ex should not be harassing you or using abusive language and if he does, you can address this with the Judge as well. Now, if the Father has visitation, he can not be forced to pick up and see the children but at the same time, can not just decide to take and see them at a different time, then allowed in the decree.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.