Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My divorce isn't finelized yet . I was planing to take

Customer Question

Hello my divorce isn't finelized yet . I was planing to take my child with me to my country for a big family reunion for 1 month my ex was aware of this and now that we will be going next Sunday he doesn't proof and says he would report me for kidnaping my son . We share joint custody but I am the primary paint . Please advice I don't have time to take him to court what should I do ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: We do not give legal advice here. We only provide general legal information. Regrettably, if your soon-to-be ex objects to you taking the child out of the country, you must obtain the consent of the Court in order to take the child on the trip. Otherwise, your soon-to-be ex would file complaint against you for parental kidnapping.