Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Does CPS routinely say that someone can't have (even supervised)

Customer Question

Does CPS routinely say that someone can't have (even supervised) contact with the victim of a crime until the case is "closed?" I don't think that I am currently a suspect but I think I might have initially been considered a potential suspect as I spend a lot of time with the victim and the reporter doesn't much care for me. From what I understand the testimony of the victim is now pointing strongly in another direction. Is it possible that I was banned from contact from the first and that they have just not rescinded the order? (not sure if it's even really an order as I've not talked to anyone in authority or received anything from anybody). Could they possibly just be waiting to close the case (which would effectively end the order)rather than explicitly closing the order? Also, is there a difference between a no contact order from DCF and one issued by a court/police? Guessing police are still involved at some level until dcf makes it's findings.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You need to contact CPS to find out if there is a No Contact Order against you. If there is a No Contact Order from the CPS, the Order would come from the Court at CPS' application. Police and CPS cannot issue a No Contact Order on their own.
I cannot speculate as to whether there is a No Contact Order against you or whether one was issued and has now been vacated or whether you were ever a person of interest, etc.