Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm IN AN UNFORTUNATE MARRIage and think I need advice to protect

Customer Question

I'm IN AN UNFORTUNATE MARRIage and think I need advice to protect myself at the death of my husband as well as advice now while I'm considering leaving (verbal abuse is one thing). Please advise, Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What specifically would you like to know? You need to be much more specific than the broad question you posted so we can better help give you the information you really would like to know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wHAT i NEED TO PEOTECT MYSELF UPON MY HUSBAND'S DEATH? and I have had some verbal abuse & am thinking of leaving now - please advise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have answered - please respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there some other way I caN GET SOME HELP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the delay, but we are working with multiple customers at the same time and each question has to be answered in order received and all customers deserve the same time you do. Furthermore, it also takes time to type up answers and we are human beings typing here.
Again, we have no idea as to what you specifically want to know about protecting yourself at the death of your husband and also leaving him? That is a broad question and you provided no details such as: Does he have a will, how much in assets exist, how long have you been married, are the assets community property acquired during the marriage or separate property, do you have any children involved (either mutual or does he have children).
I am sorry, but you have to tell us the details and what you need to know about each situation for us to properly inform you.
If you cannot do that, you can get help by going to a local family law attorney in person and speak with them Monday.